Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WE Had an Earthquake Today!!!

I am still in shock. We actually had a pretty big earthquake this morning.
About 9 o'clock I heard this loud crazy noise that sounded like there must have been some big machinery outside of my window dropping something huge on the street or something.
I don't know how to explain it, but it was loud, and the house started shaking, and then the ceiling started shaking, and I thought our house was going to collapse. So we ran outside, and all of our neighbors were out there too!
It was a 5.1 earthquake.
They said they thought it was a 4.5 but were waiting on the official measurement, and they upgraded it to a 5.1, I heard.
Anyways it was pretty scary. I have never felt an earthquake before.
Well, technically I have but I was asleep, and I woke up because i felt the bed shaking, but I thought it must have been a dream, but later they said there was an earthquake, but this was a much bigger one.
Kinda scary, kinda cool.
I think I feel a unit study coming on!!! lol

1 comment:

Briana said...

I don't miss the earthquake excitement from growing up and being a young adult in Southern California! I hope you don't have any aftershocks and if you do they are small. I'm glad everything turned out o.k.!

One Year Anniversary!

Today is our one year anniversary. It sure has been a crazy year, but I am so thankful for my husband.