I recently received a Spanish program to review called Spanish for You. My daughter is in high school, and this program is for elementary and middle school, but we have never really done any Spanish programs before, so we thought we would try it out.
Spanish for you is one of those curriculum's that can be used with many grade levels at once. All of your children are learning the same content, but they each have their own worksheets that correspond to their grade level. So if you have children of multiple ages, this program would be a great one to try.
You can choose from two programs:
ALL Spanish for You! packages come complete with:
- soft cover book or e-book (currently only our trial pkgs.)
- 24-30 week lesson guide for the grades you need (24 weeks for G5-6 & 7-8, 30 weeks for G3-4) (PDF download)
- self-checking worksheets (PDF download)
- audio files of entire book (includes bonus audio of native speaker of entire book) (MP3 download)
- flashcard/activity pictures (PDF download)
- *Teacher lesson plans are NOT included. These need to be purchased separately. Please visit our CLASS USE page for important information on using Spanish for You! with classes.
BUT....The company listened to the reviewers and changed this problem PRONTO!!! So that is no longer an issue. The reason I am mentioning it at all is that we did have trouble putting it all together for a while, so I don't think we got the most use out if it, or was able to use it as much as I would have liked to before posting a review. . Now that everything is fixed, it should be no problem to use.
My daughters thoughts: "I think this program is a good program, and effective. I do think that it is more geared to the younger grade levels. I think that it is a great program for elementary, but middle schoolers might think it is a little childish."
Her reason for this is because of the flashcards, and the way the program looks. However, she did think it was an effective program.
I think now that the program is better organized, it would be a great program to use in a household with multiple children of different ages.
You can find this program here. You can purchase each program for $64.95 for all the grade levels. (3-8) OR, you can purchase individual grade levels for $39.95 apiece.