*Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.*

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oh, there are too many ideas out there.

I have been searching for ideas on how to implement work boxes, ideas on teaching the letters and sounds, and I have come to the conclusion that I can not follow anything anyone does! LOL

There are some really great ideas out there, especially over at Confessions of a homeschooler.
She has great ideas for implementing work boxes and she has her own letter of the week curriculum too!

I am just going to have to be creative and not worry about getting everything perfect, and just do it.
I am going to have to just use my own imagination and make stuff up! HA

I don't have time to look and print and and get supplies, etc..

So, I need to just be creative and start my own letter of the week system.

It will be better than nothing, which is all that I will accomplish, if I just keep looking and never start doing, right?

I am thinking of making an alphabet tree, like the one I saw on someones blog, I think it may have been over at confessions, but not 100 percent sure.

Anyhow I like that idea and I think that will work a little better for my son to make smaller letters, rather than big.

I guess I will use my imagination as to the activities.

I will ask my 5 year old for input, and I think that will be fun.

I don't know, I just hate all of the workbooks, and flashcards and stuff and want to make it fun.
He struggles with this area, so I do not want to push it at all.

I will let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!!!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I've had a hard time figuring out the ins and outs of workboxes too. I do my own letter of the week and incorporate things I may find or just make it up as i go along. I do the letters in the same order as OPG since we use that for our phonics. I think I have a post on my blog about K4 and K5 curriculum.

Quotes

"The democracy will cease to exist
when you take away from those who are willing to work
and give to those who would not." --Thomas Jefferson
Martin Luther: b. 1483-1546: "I am very much afraid that schools will prove to be the great gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which men are not increasingly occupied with the Word of God must become corrupt."

Pageviews last month