*Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.*

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Look what I did!

Yes! “I” did that! And it is all from scratch! Can you believe it?
I made homemade mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing, homemade macaroni, and homemade gravy along with the chicken.
This is the first time I have ever made stuffing or gravy!
My husband only likes the Stove Top stuffing, but it has MSG in it and I can’t eat it, so I tried to find a recipe that would taste like it and I did!
He loved it! I loved it too! And I found a recipe that told me how to make the gravy from the chicken drippings too!
This is the second time I made the macaroni. It is so good. it tastes like Furr’s!
And the chicken was actually moist this time. I found a recipe from Cooks magazine that told me how to keep it moist.
I cooked the potatoes in my pressure cooker.
My husband bought me a pressure cooker a few weeks ago and I have been loving it. It works so well, and really cuts down on the prep and cooking time.
I am proud of myself. It was all actually really good.
I’ll keep you updated on all of the new things I learn to cook, and I’ll get you some of these recipes soon!

3 comments:

Debra said...

I want the stuffing recipe!!

Great job, good for you! I need to pull out my pressure cooker and use it occasionally again...

I've been having a ball with my rice cooker though. Love that.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Congrats on the from scratch meal. It's such a sense of accomplishment, isn't it? :) Glad everything turned out so well for you.

Very Blessed Mamma said...

Thanks guys.
I will try to get that recipe up soon!!!
It is so good.

Quotes

"The democracy will cease to exist
when you take away from those who are willing to work
and give to those who would not." --Thomas Jefferson
Martin Luther: b. 1483-1546: "I am very much afraid that schools will prove to be the great gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which men are not increasingly occupied with the Word of God must become corrupt."

Pageviews last month