*Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.*

Friday, March 4, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday!


It is Friday again...lol.

Well, I did lose 2 pounds this week, so now I am officially back to having lost those 6 pounds that I lost, and then gained back 3. ARG.

I have been making a lot of changes to my life lately.

I recently acquired a Blendtec Blender. I love it!

I have been making green smoothies most everyday, and I have been making my own fresh juice instead of store bought.

I have made ice cream in too! Yum!

I have been increasing my water, and decreasing other drinks. I have had no caffeine, and am only drinking sprite on occasion, when I really want something.

With all of the smoothies that I have been making, I am detoxing, and cleansing. I am putting lots of spinach and kale in them. I just got some wheat germ and flax seeds yesterday too!

It has been rough though. I didn't realize how miserable it can be to detox like this.

When I went off of caffeine and sugar, I went through withdrawals and detox, and that was bad, but this has been ongoing, and just doesn't seem to end. I guess it takes a while for you to get all of the toxins out. The headaches are especially bad.

I don't know why I expected it to be all better in a few days. I have 30 years of bad eating and toxins built up in my system, and it may take a while to get all flushed out.

The thing I need to work on is adding more activity. I think, now that it is warmer, that I will try to get out and take a walk each day.

I have not had much energy since I have been trying to get healthier. Go figure. I guess it is the detoxing. I am sure I will feel better soon.

OK, I will check in next week, and if you want to see how the other Fit Mommies are doing, you can find out at Got Chai?

4 comments:

Briana said...

Ah, sorry about the detoxing. I'm a whimp and will quit something or slow way down if I start detoxing! I hope it gets better for you soon.

Debbie said...

You are right loosing is great. Keep on. My hubby makes green smoothies. I do not really like them. I have been trying to add veggies other ways though. You are doing great!!! I am sure you will be feeling much better soon with all those veggies and fresh juice in your diet and then you can begin to up your exercise. Have a great week.

Laura O in AK said...

I've given up things, but never done a true detox. With a nursing toddler in the house, I doubt I'll do anything right now. Although, the idea of a raw foods detox appeals to me.

Annie Kate said...

Detoxing is hard, but it is so worthwhile in the long run. Just hang in there and let your body rest a bit more if necessary. Soon you'll be feeling so much better!

Annie Kate

Quotes

"The democracy will cease to exist
when you take away from those who are willing to work
and give to those who would not." --Thomas Jefferson
Martin Luther: b. 1483-1546: "I am very much afraid that schools will prove to be the great gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which men are not increasingly occupied with the Word of God must become corrupt."

Pageviews last month