*Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.*

Monday, August 15, 2011

So I Totally Redid My Blog! Whatcha Think?

I hadn't been feeling too well lately, and was stuck in bed, so I decided I had the time to redo my blog. lol

Last year when I was accepted to the TOS Homeschool Crew, I redid my blog to fit around the ship/water theme.

I still like it actually, but you know how it goes. I can't believe I kept it for that long. I am always changing things around.

I figured I would keep it that way for the Crew year and then change it. See, I thought you could only be on the Crew for one year. I didn't know that I would be accepted for another year! Thank you Brenda and Heidi. 

Anyhow, I figured I could either keep it that way as long as I am on the Crew, or go ahead and change it now. 


Seeing as I hope to be on the Crew for as long as they will allow me to, lol, I went ahead and changed it.

I wanted something more me, ya know?

I wanted something pretty, and family focused. Not just Crew themed.

Of course now my blog does not match my Crew buttons anymore, and I am having to learn that it is OK for everything not to match.  lol

Now, I am not totally done. I have more of my friends blog buttons I want to add, and other widgets, but I am really liking it.

What do you think? Do you like it too, or do you like the older one better?

Better say this one, cause I don't think I am gonna go through all the trouble to change it again. HA

Just kidding. Thanks for stopping by and checking it out.

I hope to start writing even more about things that I know you will love! At least I hope so! lol




18 comments:

Our Peculiar Lives said...

looks great!!

Andrea said...

Love it!

Giggly Girls said...

Beautiful!!

SisterTipster said...

Love and and for me, it's easier on the eyes! I love the fall colors! woot! HUGS!

Noteable Scraps said...

I like it! :)

PK @ Knee Deep in Grace said...

I love the deep, rich tones. A reflection of the depth of your commitment to God, Family and Sharing your blessings with others. The header is lovely! Well done.

Hope you're feeling better.

Blessings,

PK

Trish @ A House Upon The Rock said...

I really like it!

Over Yonder said...

I wanna know HOW you did it! it looks amazing.

Very Blessed Mamma said...

I got my template from this site.

http://freecodesource.com/blogger-layouts/search/country

They have such beautiful templates.

Susan said...

I love the header and the color scheme! I do think that you need a tad more contrast for your font for the posts to make it easier to read, maybe darken the font? But overall, I think it's perfectly lovely. ;0)

McMama said...

I love it! So pretty. I prefer this look to the ship/water theme. That was nice but this is great!

McMama

Family Style School said...

I love it! It looks so great!!! I am in the slow process of changing mine. Is it hard? I love your sense of humor too!

Very Blessed Mamma said...

It wasn't hard, just took a lot of time moving the gadgets around.

Here is where I got the template.

http://freecodesource.com/blogger-layouts/search/country

Angela said...

I think it is beautiful, you did a great job!

Angela

Jesmicwilmom said...

Like the artsy natural looking header. Good job!

Over Yonder said...

Thanks! I'm going to try to give mine a makeover tonight or tomorrow!

~Jamie~ said...

Love it! :)

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

I like it!!!

Quotes

"The democracy will cease to exist
when you take away from those who are willing to work
and give to those who would not." --Thomas Jefferson
Martin Luther: b. 1483-1546: "I am very much afraid that schools will prove to be the great gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which men are not increasingly occupied with the Word of God must become corrupt."

Pageviews last month