*Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.*

Monday, June 21, 2010

Freezing Hamburger Meat

Are you always forgetting to set out hamburger meat like I am? LOL
Well, I am notorious for doing this, and it frustrates my husband when I don't have anything to make, because it is all frozen.
So, I came up with this idea! You guys may already do this, but it is new to me!
What I do: Take some of the hamburger meat and place it in a big baggie.
Then flatten it out real thin, and then seal it up.
This way, it will thaw really fast in the fridge, or even in just a few minutes in warm water!
And it will stack really well, and take up less space.
Here are some pictures. I hope this helps you like it did me!









This makes it so much easier!!! I hope you find it easier too!

9 comments:

MeritK said...

Great tip, Thanks for sharing it. You can do this with casseroles or thick stews too! I am always forgetting to take stuff out for supper so I added a section to my planner page for "What's for Supper? and "What do I need to take out for tomorrow"". That seems to help me stay aware that my family will want to eat!

mommy4 said...

what a great idea! i'm sooo doing this, if i remember ;) i'm off, gotta go get the meat out of the freezer for burgers tonight, thanks for the reminder. :)

SisterTipster said...

I like making it flat so it will store well...does your microwave defrost? If not, try setting it in cool water before you have to cook~works well IN THE BAG LOL! and for chicken and turkey... blessings!!

Rodna said...

Yes, my microwave defrosts, but I just throw it in the sink with warm water. Is it bad to use warm?

Lexi said...

Seriously? That is such a great tip...Easily cuts time in half. MAN! Why didn't you tell me this ages ago? LOL

Rodna said...

I know Lexi! But I just thought about it the other day! HA
I am sure there are other people that have done it, but I have never seen it before. I was so happy the other day when i threw a bg of hamburger in the sink to thaw out in just a couple of minutes!!!!

morrisfamilymadness said...

This is a fabulous idea... I am going to use this!
I am honestly incapable of remembering to defrost meat... it's bad enough that all 3 of my older children know how to defrost meat with no instructions.

momma24 said...

I LOVE THAT IDEA!!! Sorry for shouting, but that is really cool. Don't know why I didn't think about it sooner. lol

Rodna said...

Yeah, I know, huh? My husband thought I was crazy for putting something like that on here, but I knew if it helped me, it would help other moms too!!!

Quotes

"The democracy will cease to exist
when you take away from those who are willing to work
and give to those who would not." --Thomas Jefferson
Martin Luther: b. 1483-1546: "I am very much afraid that schools will prove to be the great gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which men are not increasingly occupied with the Word of God must become corrupt."

Pageviews last month