Beverly Lewis' The Shunning - About the Movie
Before she succumbs to cancer, the dying wish of Laura Mayfield-Bennett is to be reunited with the daughter she never knew. Unfortunately, that daughter, Katie Lapp, is a member of the Amish order. Katie is about to be married, but uneasy about the path ahead. Now she discovers the secret her parents have kept from her: she's adopted.
The film is based on the celebrated first novel of the best-selling "The Heritage of Lancaster County" book series from author Beverly Lewis. Stars Danielle Panabaker & Sherry Stringfield.
I've actually read most of this book, but I didn't finish it.
I guess I just got too busy, or I needed to read a review book or something.
Anyhow, as one who has read the book first, I found the movie to be lacking a little.
I feel like the movie did not go into enough detail, but I still really liked it. I definitely want to see the next movie in the series.
I think I am gonna have to go get the book so that I don't have to wait and see what happens. lol
BEVERLY LEWIS - Author of "The Shunning"
Beverly Lewis, born in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country, is The New York Times bestselling author of more than eighty books. Her stories have been published in eleven languages worldwide. A keen interest in her mother's Plain heritage has inspired Lewis to write many Amish-related novels, beginning with "The Shunning," which has sold more than one million copies. In 2007, Lewis' "The Brethren" was honored with a Christy Award.
Lewis has been interviewed by both national and international media, including Time magazine, the Associated Press, and the BBC. Lewis lives with her husband, David, in Colorado.
I am excited to be able to give away one DVD of the Shunning! (Ends Sept. 23rd. 2011, at noon.)
If you would like a chance to win a copy, just leave me a comment telling me your favorite Beverly Lewis book.
If you would like additional entries you can:
1. Follow my blog throught GFC, and leave me a comment letting me know you are following me. You may leave a comment if you are already following me as well.
2. Subscribe to my blog either by RSS or email, and let me know which way you are now following. If you are already subscribed, leave me a comment letting me know.
3. "Like my FB page.
This giveaway ends on Friday September 16th, 2011 at noon. Make sure you leave me a way to contact you should you win. Thanks!Official Rules for this giveaway:
1. Eligibility. Giveaways are open to readers with US shipping addresses only, unless otherwise stated.
2. How to Enter. Entry is made by leaving a comment on the giveaway post. A limit of one entry is allowed per e-mail address. You may only enter once, please do not use multiple emails to enter.
You may, however, obtain additional entries on a particular giveaway through other channels when applicable.
3. Disclaimer. I will not be responsible for any lost or damaged items, or any lost or late entries, any technical issues, or anything beyond my control.
"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services
mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I
only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255:
"Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."