*Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.*

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday!



I forgot to post on Friday. Uh-Oh!

I did not do anything that spectacular this week.

I have decided to set a goal for myself, and would love to have someone join me.

I made myself a six month, (30 week), chart.

I am weighing in tomorrow, and then every Friday, to keep up with Fit Mommy Fridays.

My goal is to lose 70 pounds.

This is only slightly over 2 pounds a week. I think that is reasonable.

Would anyone like to join me?

EDITED TO ADD: I did shovel a lot of snow this week! HA HA HA. But seriously, my back was in severe pain. I haven't done that much physical labor in a long time. 

4 comments:

Blossom said...

I'm rooting for you! Let's get healthy in 2011 :)
I don't have a weight loss goal (perhaps I should..) but I figure if I get moving like I have planned I should lose something!
Here's to a great week! :)

Briana said...

Go for it girl! My back would be in pain if I shoveled snow. Have a great week.

Annie Kate said...

Wow, that's an amazing goal! Even 35 pounds would be awesome, and maybe it's healthier to lose a bit more slowly. My husband started to feel bad at that rate (2lbs/week), so now he's slowed down and is feeling better.

I won't be joining you in that goal (I'm skinny and weak), but you can join me in trying to walk 6000 steps at least 5 days a week. That should help you reach your goal.

Have a great week!

Annie Kate

Very Blessed Mamma said...

Annie. Once a while back when I set my mind to doing this. I did it for 12 weeks, and lost 36 pounds. I felt great. The first week I lost 6 pounds, the second 4, and then it averaged between 1-3 pounds.
I am hoping to do something similar this time, but back then I was nursing too, so I don't know if that helped me a lot or not.

Quotes

"The democracy will cease to exist
when you take away from those who are willing to work
and give to those who would not." --Thomas Jefferson
Martin Luther: b. 1483-1546: "I am very much afraid that schools will prove to be the great gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which men are not increasingly occupied with the Word of God must become corrupt."

Pageviews last month