*Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.*

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Primary Arts of Language/ IEW

 

I am so excited! I just ordered Primary Arts of Language.

It is a reading program from IEW. Jill Pike is the author of the program.

I already love their writing programs for older children. 

My daughter uses the Student Writing Intensive, and she loves it.

I really think my son will enjoy this reading program. 

I have been looking for a reading program for a long, long time. I have just never found one that I thought would really fit us. 

This program uses poetry, as well as incorporates both phonics, and whole words.

I like that they use both, instead of only one. After all, we need both, don't we?

I just had to share my enthusiasm. I will let you know how we like it after we have used it for a while. 

If any of you have ever used it, I would love to hear your thoughts.


0 comments:

Quotes

"The democracy will cease to exist
when you take away from those who are willing to work
and give to those who would not." --Thomas Jefferson
Martin Luther: b. 1483-1546: "I am very much afraid that schools will prove to be the great gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which men are not increasingly occupied with the Word of God must become corrupt."

Pageviews last month