*Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.*

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Alphabet Snake!

I have seen some great ideas from others doing the Letter of the Week, caterpillars, trees, etc., and I wanted to do something similar, but that would be more boy friendly.

So, I decided to do an Alphabet Snake! HEE HEE

I wanted to share it with you in case it would be something that your boys would like too!




                                    See, it is a "diamond back" snake! Get it?  HA HA HA!!!


What I did was take several pieces of poster board, and I drew a snake on the darker brown piece.

I used a cookie cutter to trace out the diamonds, and I used a lighter color for these.

I took the lighter and darker browns/golds, and made the desert and rocks.

Of course, I used green for the cacti and lizards! And blue for the sky!

I bought stickers from Hobby Lobby that had gold colored Upper and Lowercase letters.

As he learns each new letter every week, he will put the pair on the next diamond!

I really wanted to make this into something that he was interested in, and I think we succeeded!!!

Let me know if you like this idea. 

Another idea I had for girls, would be to use butterflies and post one letter on each wing, one uppercase and the other the lowercase!!!

Have fun creating your own Alphabet................whatever.........

1 comments:

NaTuRaLbEaUtY81 said...

the snake looks great!! I know Nathan will enjoy learning with it :)

Quotes

"The democracy will cease to exist
when you take away from those who are willing to work
and give to those who would not." --Thomas Jefferson
Martin Luther: b. 1483-1546: "I am very much afraid that schools will prove to be the great gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which men are not increasingly occupied with the Word of God must become corrupt."

Pageviews last month